Sunday, May 11

Sandwich Antique Show -- Happy Mother's Day to me!!!

Yes, it's Mother's Day and I know most moms would rather be out for a nice dinner or a BBQ with their kids and grandbabies but for some of us, a few hours of antiquing is the way to our hearts!  So today, I was lucky enough to be accompanied by my son's girlfriend and we went to the first antique show of the season held in Sandwich, IL.  They do this one Sunday a month from May thru October and today was the day!


Because of my primitive sensibilities, I love the patina of wood, rust, crocks, farm implements, pantry boxes, firkins, tin, pewter - utilitarian pieces that have generations of use complete with all the scratches, burn marks and dents.



The sun was shining, the temperatures were warm and it was a great way to spend part of the day.  Plus I found out we have another collector in the family! How cool is that?   And my bargain of the day?  This "little brown jug" marked $38 that I walked away with for $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment